Happy First day of summer Littlefinders. I feel like the months since the new year sure have flown by, but I have to say I do feel like I am having one of my best years yet. Now I don’t know if you are the kind of person that sets New Year’s resolutions for yourself. Yes, I said New year’s resolutions. Do you remember those?
Most people seem to forget about them by January 2nd, but I try to take mine as serious as possible. Being six months into the year, I thought this would be a great time to re-evaluate them. So here I go, I am going to be 100 percent open with you guys, and tell you the goals I set for myself and how I am doing. Ready, set, go!
- Run twice a week in the mornings: I started out well until I got the flu in April and everything went down hill from there. I am ashamed to say I have not ran since then unless you count me running to the break room when my coworkers bring donuts. Now, I do feel like it’s extremely hot outside, so I will be replacing my morning runs with morning workouts at the gym
- Keep improving at my full-time job as a producer: I am definitely hardworking and always willing to learn. I know I do go above and beyond, but I am also the kind of person that doubts herself every 5 minutes on whether she is doing a good job or not. Overall I think I’m doing pretty ok.
- Save a certain amount of money per month: YES. YES. YES. I have to say I am proud that for the first time in my life I am sticking to a budget.
- Bring my lunch to work 3 times a week: FAIL! I lOVE going out to lunch with my coworkers, but I realize if I want to stick to my budget and my health goals I’m going to have to start bringing my brown paper bag to work PRONTO. (except the days I am filming. It is impossible to bring your lunch on a 16 hour shoot day outside)
- Have a better relationship with my family, and be more understanding of their personalities: I have to say I am very proud of how far I’ve come with this goal. I’ve always felt like the glue of our family, and I constantly feel like I must make everyone happy, but with the help of God, my boyfriend and monthly therapies ( I am not ashamed that I see a psychologist) I have learned that I have to make myself happy first, in order to create better relationships with others.
- Read more: Does Audible.com count? I say YES!
- Travel: If you follow me on social media, you can see I am doing pretty good on the jet-setting department.
- Attend my Krav Maga Classes twice a week: no comment ;/
- Post on the blog at least twice a week: So maybe I have not been 100 percent consistent with this, but my blog has been at it’s best place yet and for this, I am giving myself a pat on the back.
- Don’t be an impulsive shopper : Definitely have done better at really thinking what I need, rather than what I want. Now I won’t say I have not slipped a few times, but how can I resist those sales?
- Cook at least twice a week: FAIL FAIL FAIL. My boyfriend will agree. Guys I HATE COOKING, I rather clean, work overtime, give up dessert for a month etc..But cooking it’s just not my thing. I realize this is a big part of staying healthy and staying withing my budget so I am dedicated to working towards this goal for the rest of the year.
My verdict: I am doing great with most of my goals, except the health related ones. (work out, cook at home etc.) My Dr. mentioned to me that to fight anxiety and depression, exercise is a must. Something I knew already but needed to be reminded of. I am at one of the happiest places in my life and I need to ensure I take care of myself in all aspects.
So there you have it Littlefinders. I would love to hear how you are doing with your 2016 resolutions, and I hope to give you an update in about three months. By then, I am hoping I can put a check mark in each of my resolutions.
Until next time Littlefinders!