Sometimes life can get complicated. Work can be overwhelming, relationships are a lot of work, so Netflix and looking forward to the weekend (when it’s only Monday) are the only things giving you motivation to get up in the morning. One thing I learned recently, is that I don’t want life to just pass me by. I decided to come up with a few things that I thought would start making me happy right away. I want to share them with you my because after all my friends, life is short and it’s time to start being happy today!
- Disconnect from your phone: I am so guilty of always being on the phone. As a blogger I am constantly checking my social media and email. While it’s OK to enjoy the blessings that come with social media, it is also so important to disconnect. I started thinking about how much time I wasted scrolling through a feed I have already seen 10 times. I started using that time to do something I love. Read a book, go for a walk, even watch T.V. without having my phone attached to my hip. I recently went to a stay-cation at Universal’s Cabana Bay hotel and barely took out my phone. It was the most refreshing feeling ever.
2. Make time for relationships: Stop cancelling plans because you are too tired and want to go home. Invest in the people in your life, go out to dinner with them, have conversations, live in the moment. Having positive people in your life is so important, and it’s not about quantity but quality. If you are new to a town or want to meet new people, join a local group. Meetup.com has a ton of groups to join, from book clubs to sports team. Even if you feel you want to be alone, I guarantee you will enjoy some company once in a while!
3. De-clutter your life: I am taking this one from my good friend and blogger Fio from metanoialiving.com. It’s time to de-clutter from the inside to the outside.
- Start getting rid of negative thoughts or negative feelings towards other people. This does nothing good for you except torment you, and bring negativity to your life. Sometimes you have to bigger person even if you know you did nothing wrong.
- It is also time to declutter your home, your car and office space. You will feel much better making space for new things. My rule is if I have not used it in 6 months, it has to go.
- Clean your social media. Get rid of toxic people who spam you feed with negativity. If you don’t want to unfriend them, stop following them, but don’t feed into them.
4. Stop worrying about things you can’t control: Last but not least this is the more important thing I learned recently. At the end of the day things are going to work out how they are supposed to. Sure, you can work hard to make things work in your favor, but when it gets to the point that you did enough. It’s time to let it go.
I really hope you will start practicing at least one of these things. Life sometimes brings us unexpected battles, but at the end of the day, we need to do everything in our power to make the journey of life as enjoyable as possible.
Until Next Time LittleFinders