This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however, all opinions expressed are my own.
The best part about summer is to hang out with friends and enjoy some yummy fresh food. During our gatherings, we love to serve produce that are in season, as well as incorporating them into fun recipes. If you want to throw a super fun get together your girl here has some useful tips, so take notes!
Keep It Fresh – Look for the Fresh from Florida logo at your local supermarket or farmers market. Do your research on what produce are in season and go shopping! Right now it’s all about watermelon and sweet corn. Watermelon is one of the best snacks to have during the summer, especially in this Florida heat, it is so refreshing and better when in season. Trust me. Your guest will love it.
Incorporate Recipes – Creating a unique recipe will make your guest feel extra special, and it will be another way to include fresh in-season fruit. For my get together I baked some mini blueberry muffins- here is the recipe if you want to give it a try!
2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter (or margarine, softened)
1 medium egg (lightly beaten)
1 cup milk
1 cup blueberries
1. Grease a 12-cup mini muffin tin.
2.Preheat the oven to 400 F.
3. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
4. Add Butter
5. In a separate, smaller bowl, lightly beat the egg.
6. Pour milk into the egg bowl and stir.
7. Stir the wet mix into the dry mix until the flour mixture is just wet.8.
8. Fold in the blueberries.
9. Spoon the batter into muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
10. Bake for 25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and feel spongy.
11. Remove muffins from the tin with a spoon and let cool.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Decorate Appropriately– What is a summer get together without fun decorations? Since the Florida weather is unpredictable, we decided to keep our get together inside. I had all sorts of fun stuff like fun cups, plates, decorative pineapples, props, fun cutlery, and even some super cute photo props. Trust me. This will keep your guest cheery because let’s be honest it’s hard not to be happy around color!
I hope you have the best summer ever and have lots of fun get-togethers. don’t forget to look for the Fresh From Florida logo when you shop your local grocery stores and convenience stores.
Until next time Littlefinders!
- Fresh From Florida Website – Recipes: http://goic.io/tyWjf0